Monday, December 12, 2011

Something, is better than nothing...

I started this site as support for those with disordered eating habits. I do not like to use the term "eating disorder" because that term is over used, misunderstood and stereotyped.


Here, is where I hope those who can not find it in themselves to eat "normally", will find power in these low calorie recipes. The power to eat, the power not to purge and the power to start a healthier relationship with food. These recipes are a start to eating again. Finding love for food again. Even if you can only manage to eat a little bit, remember that something is always better than nothing .


These are my motivators to eat:: not something you typically find on an ANA blog but I'd figure I would include it. 

Fertility. My biggest fear is being infertile. I often think of growing a little one inside of me. This has been one of the biggest motivators to eat for me. If I lost the ability to have a baby, I would never forgive myself. Nor would I feel that I had a purpose here. This is my one and only big dream in life. Knowing that eating helps me obtain this goal, helps a ton! Another big one for me is Hair loss. I love my hair. I take pride in how it looks. I have lost it  due to lack of nutrition (and stress) before and it devastated me. I lost my voice from crying for days (I am sure that didn't help with the hair-loss). My not eating literally caused me to loose a huge piece of myself. I promised myself I would never get back to that place again. Although it is a daily struggle. I try my hardest never to let myself loose myself to my eating habits. Social Life- it is so hard to be happy around others when I am restricting calories. So I end up avoiding all social situations where food could be involved (with my friends and family, those are very rare). Freedom- Even though it is a rare thought, it is nice to think that one day I wont think about what i am eating, and just eat it for the hell of it not because I have to. Inspiration- I have collected my ANA friends through the years. Friends who I can call when I am terrified to go out to dinner. Friends who know the fear, who understand it. It is for these friends that I try to eat to inspire them to eat. When they see my body restoring itself they want to look healthy too. No more pale skin, thin hair or bones. I think of the comments they give on my "healthy" body. How I can wear what I want, I dont have to hide. It is so strange how eating a cupcake in front of one of them will spark us all to eat a cupcake. We want to. We are just scared to. So I try to find it in myself to be inspiration for them. 




I will post more... when they come to me <3 







1 comment:

  1. I have always been a picky eater. If I had my way I would go completely veggie. I can't have dairy because i'm lactose intolerant. I have to say that dairy is my weakness. I have a blog of my own but it's just mainly about me and my interests. Feel free to follow and harass me often. My blogs name is mysticconfessions. :)

    ReplyDelete